POSITION: PRODUCTION CLERK
REPORTS TO: SITE SUPERVIOR/PRODUCTION MANAGER
SITE: MOLESWORTH STREET
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To collate and record data for the respective Site in order to prepare records and reports on volume of production, consumption of raw material, quality control and other aspects of production.
- Compiles and records production data.
- Calculates factors such as types and quantities of items produced, materials used, wastage, frequency of defects, and worker and department production rates.
- Sources data for production purposes.
- Processes data.
- Checks accuracy of data input.
- Maintains files.
- Compiles from customer orders and other specifications detailed production sheet for use by production workers
- Generates production reports based on data compiled.
- Liaises with the production Planner, Sales, Dispatch, Production at the respective Site.
- Informs HR of absence and holiday requests.
- Any other administrational duties.
- Any other duties as considered appropriate to this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- At least 1 year of work experience within a manufacturing / Engineering organisation, preferably in a similar role.
- Demonstrable IT skills.
SKILLS & QUALITIES
- Reading technical, basic writing and conversional speaking skills.
- Excellent attention to detail while working to tight deadlines.
- Logical and methodical and follows procedures and documents work.
- Able to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and energetic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Attention to detail.
- Is customer focused.
- Have the ability to learn.
- Be flexible in your attitude towards work.
- Plays an active role in a culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop fresh ideas.
- Proceed always with ambition.
- Challenging Spirit.
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety by complying with operating standards and safety guidelines. Demonstrates safety awareness through seeking to improve safety within the team’s area.
- Problem solving – Has an understanding of normal working conditions. Recognises problems and informs the team leader immediately.
- Safety Management – Approaches work with an enthusiastic attitude that shows respect for others, for property and for company policy. Responds positively to business requirement and makes every effort to achieve their tasks. Makes effective use of time.
- Team Work – Considers the impact of own actions on the team. Participates fully in the team and makes an effort to contribute to the achievement of the team’s targets and well being. Willing to accept the team view.
- Onsite Training.
- 33 days paid leave in each complete leave year, including public bank holidays.
- Company pension scheme.
Salary: Starting on £8.91 increasing to £9.50 as of 1st April 2022